As soon as he (Daniel) began to pray, a word went out… I love this verse!
It can’t get better than that or can it?
What we don’t see from this verse is the prayer that came from Daniel’s lips.
Starting at the beginning of Daniel chapter 9 we get a beautiful view of Daniel’s heart as he prays for himself and his people. And it’s in these verses I see 7 things I wish to emulate.
1.Daniel prayed with humility. He was a righteous man yet had a humble heart, asking God for his forgiveness as well as for all his people.( 9:3,8)
2. He recognizes who God is. (9:4,7)
3. Daniel asks God to reveal His will. (9:4-19)
4. He prays opening to God. Listening for His answer. No hidden agenda or motive. (9:4-19)
5. He prays passionately. (9:15)
6. He prays compassionately. (9:18)
7. He prays with an attitude of one undeserving. (9:18)
But no matter how we bring our offering of prayer to God, Daniel 9:23 assures us, just as God heard Daniel and set a plan into motion He will do the same for us.
Making Mondays less mundane with a word from the Word.
Looking forward, pressing on and seeking God in every bump and twist in the road.